Sunday, October 17, 2010

New Knits

I finally finished the second shawl, having given the first away to a friend. It turned out, but I had to order a whole new skein of yarn from Des Moines in order to finish the last 2 inches.


Having finished one project, I decided to try and finish the hat and scarf my cousin asked for ten months ago. The scarf took almost this entire time, but the hat, with my full attention on it, took only 1 week, even with a lining. The grey and dark brown is wool/mohair, rust is wool/alpaca, and tan is wool/soy. The mohair tends to make things itchy in my experience. It's Whitney's 70's Ski Hat, and it has an interesting technique.


The hat is lined with a merino/cashmere blend yarn (Knit Picks Capra Yarn, Color: Timber). Hopefully, it will be warm and non-itchy.


-吴碧芙

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really good job with the knitting projects!! The hat looks great! I wish I could wear one withour getting hathair!! Matka