Sunday, August 26, 2012

Finally

If you visited me or I visited you a year ago, you probably saw me working on these socks, made with KnitPicks Felici in the colorway "Afternoon."  I stopped during the first sock because my foot was long, it was taking forever, I wasn't sure the short-row heel would turn out as well on the second sock, and my foot was a lot longer than I thought, so it was taking forever to get down to the toe.  I believe I picked this first sock up again sometime in the spring, but I kept trying it on, and I kept needing to keep knitting.  

In the meantime, I worked on some potholders, hats, and tried starting the swatch for a super cool sweater.  When I gave up on the sweater, even before the 4 in x 4 in swatch was finished (due to gauge issues that I don't care to think about or discuss right now), I finally decided to get over it and just finish the pair of socks, to get them out of my project queue.  I had also bought some new yarn, and needed to get these of the needles.

They turned out ok, but I must've started the second toe a little early or the second skein had a little thicker orange stripe.  Whatever the reason, it always happens to me, one toe has a little extra color, even though the whole rest of the socks perfectly match.  I mean, look at those heels!
-吴碧芙

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This way you will always be able to tell which sock is for the right foot and which for the left!
-TABinNH

Anonymous said...

they are faternal twins. I don't even try to match them because I can not get them that close. kayleen