Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Best Movie Moment Ever!

I believe that it's impossible to determine the best movie moment ever. In order to figure out the best anything ever, one must first watch all of the possibilities. In movie terms, that's impossible, so the "best ever" is more likely the "most popular" moment of that type. So if I assert that one scene is the most romantic scene ever in a movie, the opposition must see my scene for a fair comparison.

I bring it up because once again I've been thinking about
Merlin and the Sword. For me the most romantic scene in a movie ever does not involve Audry Hepburn or the like. It is in Merlin and the Sword, which is a rarely seen movie; in fact, so rare that it's not available on DVD.
Lancelot is played by Rupert Everett, and when he meets the queen, they talk in the garden. The queen tries to pick a rose, but she is cut by a thorn. Lancelot picks it for her, and she says"...but why didn't it [stick] you?" And he says, "It did." And she presses their hands together...

-MsLin

No comments: