Monday, November 26, 2007

Gua

The apartment smells like home. I made my Red, Yellow, and Green Dish tonight with some modifications. It's actually Green and Green today. It's supposed to be red pepper, yellow squash, and zucchini. I got green peppers at the vegetable stall on campus. Walmart had some zucchini-looking things. I suppose they are called Mexican squash in America. I got two big ones in case it was the right thing, and it was. It's totally unreproducible, though, because it was the only squash that didn't have an English tag at Walmart, and I could only recognize the character 瓜(gua: melon, gourd, or squash).

The topics of class are becoming drudgery. We started "immigration," but it can't be some interesting issue with provoking questions, it's about the immigration waves of the 1800's, like Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. It's designed for ESL, really. I don't feel comfortable with the topic because I feel like I'm always talking about America and how great America is and why people would want to go there. It's just too nationalistic for me. Oh, and by the way, there was also Angel Island, which is not exactly positive. I just don't want to discuss the topic at all. It's on the schedule for three weeks.

Last night I had a dream. I took Kavi to the vet. We had to wait a long time. In fact, I was getting a little mad because we were being passed over. And then I looked at him and he had collapsed in the box. I took him to drink from the water fountain, and he was ok. It was a little disturbing, though.

-吴佩芙

No comments: