Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving

On Thanksgiving night, I gave a speech at the English Lounge. The students were interested in Thanksgiving traditions, so I had a PowerPoint prepared. My distinguished colleague got the students to help make apple crisp in a rice cooker. It was really fun.

Friday night, we were all invited to the swanky hotel in town for a Thanksgiving buffet. It was really exciting, although there weren't a lot of traditional foods. I'd been wanting soup so bad, but the pumpkin soup was more like a roux. It was a nice dinner, and so exciting to go to the swanky hotel. It's not the same without Aunt Mrl's slow cooker corn and cheese and green bean casserole.

Today was my plan to go to Walmart for something to make into soup, some oatmeal, and contact solution. I found Campbell's soup, corn with mushroom. I had it for lunch with some Chinese black-and-blue fry bread with sesame seeds, which I found out was stuffed with red beans. Oh well, it was just like the Bread Garden. The soup smelled and tasted like corn casserole. Mmmm, soup!

-吴佩芙

No comments: