Thursday, September 11, 2008

What's there to do around here?

I've had classes for almost two weeks. My Tuesdays and Thursdays are free, and I haven't yet found a job, but I have some exciting prospects. Still, these days I'm finding my life more boring with a lot of time to think. Last week the weather was quite cold, so I decided to make a scarf, which I finished on Monday. Today I made a necklace, having finally acquired some daisy beads.


Today I studied at a coffee shop for about 3 hours. I came home and decided to use some of the beads I bought with my aunt just before I moved. It was my first attempt with a three-stranded necklace, but my crimp beads weren't big enough to allow six wires, so it's two strands.

The birds are well. I wish I had it on video, but I couldn't get it fast enough. Roscoe went down to the bottom of the cage and started chewing the paper. Then he started rolling up the top sheet. He jumped off the paper, onto the next sheet, and allowed the top paper to unroll on top of him, covering him completely. Kavi and I looked at each other, but Roscoe was happy, whistling from under the paper, and popping his head up every once in a while, causing the paper to pop up with him. I finally lifted the paper up and let him out.

-MsLin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some days are like that. Even in South Dakota. You have to make your fun. Like beading. Love the mix of colors. Nice work. The scarf will prove very useful as the SD air begins to chill. Very windy as I remember. Temps here still in the 80's some days. Plants like it, lots of green lawns.
MJinCR