Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hearts and Crafts

Valentine's rolled around again, and this year, I decided to make wrapping paper and other stuff out of magazine pages. I wrapped a little non-Valentine's gift in some really nice perfume ads. I wanted to make an origami bow, but decided to make a heart instead.


I'm not a big Valentine's person, with hideous bears holding heart-shaped pillows, heart-shaped boxes of chocolate, red roses, and spoony couples. On one hand, if you are unattached, all of the Valentine's junk is there to rub it in your face. On the other hand, if you are attached, all of that stuff seems cliche, and the holiday seems completely made up and redundant if you already have a unique anniversary. Even with these strong anti-Valentine's convictions, it falls on a Saturday this year, so I'm going out. Of course, there are errands and homework to do first.

-吴碧芙

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very pretty origami heart! Where did you learn how to do that? Public radio show, "Prairie Home Companion", called Valentine's Day Single Awareness Day. I hope you had a very good Valentine's Day! I wore a red vest to the class in Milwaukee. Your dad is taking me out tonight for our dinner we missed last night. Matka