Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Well-Stocked Cupboard

This weekend was the first time in a long time that we have been homework-free, and the weather was beautiful. So we had a classy picnic. We took the Wildflower Sweet Potato sandwiches and magazines and books. It was a really beautiful day in the park by a small stream.

We had a great time on Saturday night making apple pie. I asked MK in DM to send the recipe, since he makes the best apple pie, which isn't too sweet. We had a bit of overflow with the filling, so we also made some pretty intense apple crisp too.


It was pretty delicious.


Tonight I decided to use up some pumpkin from the freezer to make muffins. I let Kavi sit on top of the refrigerator, and he was pretty happy there. Then when I opened the cupboard, he flew straight up to the top shelf. It was the first time he'd ever considered going into the cupboard. I don't keep anything on the top shelf because I'm normal-person-sized. He whistled a lot up there, probably checking out the awesome acoustic properties. This is my "bare ingredients" cupboard.


-吴碧芙

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish you were having a bake sale fund raiser. I would buy your apple pie for sure! No picnics here today, too much moisture, but my garden is enjoying it. Love this time of the year when the grass looks great everyday!
MJinCR

Anonymous said...

Yum! I's a good thing you like to cook.And a good cook indeed.
A.G.M. in N.J.

Anonymous said...

I believe you are acquiring baking-sweets-cred! It comes from a well stocked family line of sweet baking lovers. The grass is so green here today!
MJinCR