Sunday, August 2, 2009

Catching Up

This weekend was a mini-vacation, as 文大猊 and I made the trek to Eastern Iowa for the hometown celebration. Highlights included the 5k run/walk early Saturday morning, riding in the parade with my high school classmates, playing and exploring at the Farm with my cousins, my 10-yr high school reunion, and introducing 大猊 to the extended family.

The first event was the 5k. Our team was 大猊, my aunt, and myself. We each got a number and a medal.


The parade included a few entries worth mentioning: my reunion wagon, the Beastmaster with a ferret in his pouch, and the first-place entry (below).


The first place float in the parade was a giant rotating Jesus Taco, from one of the local churches.


In the afternoon, we went to the Farm, caught the kittens, played the game Pit, and explored the Farm, including the creek, the hen house, the Ancestor Room, and the small attic.

The reunion was Saturday night, and went off without a hitch. We left Sunday morning, but not without my aunts, cousins, and uncle coming to say one last goodbye to 大鲵 and two emergency haircuts--the first from my mom and the second from my aunt who is a trained professional.

-吴碧芙

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM a trained professional!! Just not in hairstyling. That's my defense! Matka

Anonymous said...

What fun that was! It was so fun to see you. I miss those days, but I will always feel that this summer was the best!
Good thing my Mom was there to save you from the hair cut!And by the way I don't consiter my Mom a trained professional, just a mom.
A.G.M. in N.J.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed all of that! Spinning Jesus taco, there's no place like home.
MJinCR