Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows...

Yesterday was my birthday. It was a wonderful day, although mostly like a normal Wednesday: I had class in the morning and evening, went to the gym, and visited 文大猊 after class. When I got to his apartment, he had the most elegant spread, including our favorite sandwich, funfetti cake with rainbow chip frosting, and Asian sesame eggplant (the first Asian eggplant of the season from my friend's garden).


The big surprise was the bouquet of blue cornflowers, mostly because I thought they were impossible to get. I guess 文大猊 has good guanxi because he found out that these flowers are available for special orders in local shops for only a few weeks every summer, and he had the foresight to order early enough for my birthday. It was beautiful and perfect!


We marveled at the intricacy of the blossoms, the brilliant color, and the wild curves of the stems and greens.

-吴碧芙

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those flowers are even more amazing, intricate and gorgeous in natural sunlight! Glad you like them :)

Anonymous said...

Cornflowers! Lovely. A special gift on a special day.
MJinCR

Anonymous said...

That special someone seems to be paying close attention to things you like! They are really pretty!! I wish I could see the different colors that show up in natural light! Matka