Monday, October 3, 2011

"I Got Married (if you can believe that)"

We got married on a beautiful day in October in a small ceremony with our close family and friends in attendance. The weather was cool, but sunny. The leaves on the trees had turned to a range of yellows and reds. Vows and rings were exchanged. The congregation sang "How can I keep from singing?" Everyone in attendance posed for a picture in the sanctuary before we greeted all of the guests, and we took pictures until the reception.

The guests enjoyed a social hour with local seasonal beers, red and white wines, fresh fruit and caprese hors d'oeuvers, and mixed nuts/pretzels/party mix snacks, all hand-picked by the bride and groom. A salad course of romaine lettuce with pear and olives was served, followed by a main course of late summer vegetable succotash. Small cakes were placed as centerpieces on each table--white cake or champagne cake with cream cheese filling & buttercream frosting.

From the whole day, the only amateur photography I could find so far includes a few iPad pictures (first), which were shot in low resolution, so some of the details are not very clear, and a few from my uncle (second). My foster brother's wife helped with my hair and make-up--the hairstyle is a cascade or waterfall braid around the crown of my head. I opted for the veil for the wedding and the shawl for the reception.


(The title is a nod to Jim's Journal.)
-吴碧芙

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can believe it!!! Matka

Anonymous said...

Very nice, I was hoping everything went well. Congradulations!

Kayleen