Tuesday, March 13, 2012

3 Does a Collection Make

When I'm around on the weekend, I like to meet up with my Chinese exchange partner.  She's a doctor at one of the main hospitals in town.  I originally started meeting with her a year ago, but now my Chinese is in steady decline.

We spent the last few weekends with each other's  parents.  I mean, my parents came to visit and then we went to Sioux City the next weekend.  ("Each other's" sounds like we switched places, right?)  

The following weekend we had a nice weekend in Omaha.  Omaha is my Hong Kong.  In the vast wasteland of people and food traditions I don't understand, Omaha is a breath of fresh air.  Contrarily, while Hong Kong is where we would go to get rare American foods and experiences, Mexican food, pizza, and tortillas to take back to Shantou, Omaha is where we go to get better ethnic foods, including Chinese baozi, something we haven't been able to buy at home, ever.

Folksy Owl

So last weekend was our first weekend home in a long time, and my first weekend to practice Chinese in a few weeks as well.  As I turned to leave, I saw the Folksy Owl all alone with a few little owl appetizer plates on a little table in the cafe.  It's quite a unique looking owl cookie jar, and a happy addition to my little collection.  

Imagine that previously I was looking in vain for an owl cookie jar, and now I have found 3 unexpectedly.

-吴碧芙 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was meant to be. I love the bright colors.

Kayleen

Anonymous said...

This might be my favorite one so far! TAB in NH

Anonymous said...

Could you take a picture of all three together? I can't remember which one is my favorite. Matka