Friday, August 10, 2007

Everything is Illuminated

Dwindling supplies of solutions and enzymes for Rigid Gas Permeable contacts has led me down many paths. I've called the companies, who say they discontinued these products because of low demand and low numbers of people with RGP lenses. I love my RGPs and I love that they don't soak up anything, so in a pinch, any solutions will do. (I got stranded in Atlanta, and ended up storing them in eye drops, which kept them dirty, but wet.)

That is why when AMO stopped making ProFree/GP, which is a bubbly, fizzy overnight enzyme tab, I was able to start using another enzyme Alcon's Opti-Free, which is intended for soft contacts, but serves the purpose. Well, what's a girl to do when Alcon stops making Opti-Free?

This is where being a pack-rat comes in handy. I still have the ProFree box, so I called the number today. AMO said they sold the product to another company and here's their number. So I called the company, and they are setting up production and should be ready with supplies in 6 mo. That's awesome! I didn't know there could be good news like that.

Honestly, I had been getting a little stressed about everything. My contact prescription is way expired, but my new ophthalmologist said he would rewrite my prescription, since it hasn't changed. I called and got the expired prescription, despite the optometrist office's suspicions.

I called about my car because the registration is almost up, but my car is in another state, and I'm trying to sell it. It's up for an emissions test, and I thought it would be a mess, but I can get a 30-day general use permit, which doesn't require emissions.

I'm getting things done. It's just that I've been pleasantly surprised at the easy answers to my hard questions.

-MsLin

No comments: