Friday, July 20, 2007

Tou-xie


My shoes were considered "tou-xie" in Chinese, which is usually translated "slippers," but literally means "drag shoes." In other words, my shoes didn't have a heel strap. "Tou-xie" are usually considered "too casual" for work or school, even though my shoes were beautiful and far from flip-flops. I decided to get some sandals, which won't be questionable for work attire in China.

It's been three years since my last Dansko purchase, and I find their footwear to be the most comfortable and durable.

They came this week, "Lillian." Danskos are the kind of shoes that make you moan when you try them on because they are so comfortable. They are also very pretty, and come in classic and modern styles.

I bought a big suitcase yesterday, which makes the whole thing that much more real. I'm in the middle of packing to clean up the apartment too. It's so sad that I can't really think about it.

-MsLin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.