Sunday, July 1, 2007

The Peanut Butter Solution

...was a movie about a boy who was cursed and all of his hair fell out. A witch gave him a recipe for a concoction that would make his hair grow again. It worked a little too well, and his hair grew fast and never stopped. So they started making paint brushes out of his hair, which were magic.

I still had the scotcharoo craving, and I still had the resistance to shopping for ingredients. So I used what I had and loosely followed a recipe in my macrobiotics cookbook. The result was marshmallow-free, and not too crazy sweet. They are:
1/3 c. pure maple syrup
1/6 c. natural peanut butter
Heated on the stove, over med. heat, until smooth and bubbly.
2 c. Go Lean cereal
Mixed into the syrup mixture and pressed into a small bowl.
1/4 c. choc. chips
2 Tbsp. peanut butter
Melted in the microwave and spread on top.

I guess this will cover the craving because I don't have any other way to get scotcharoos. I'm just proud that the recipe worked, and it tasted pretty good. I finally used up my choc. chips too.

-MsLin


No comments: