Friday, August 24, 2007

Oh, Self, I am so proud of you today...

You know, sometimes you are in the shower. You get the heebie-tibba-jeebies because you think you feel something on your foot. Or, you don't have your contacts in, and you mistake a hair clog for a huge scary bug. Usually, it's nothing. Well, I've had a silver fish slide right on into my bath water before, and I've freaked out substantially. Today, as I was finishing my shower, thank goodness, I felt something in the arch of my foot. And it was THIS:This is the actual photo of the actual gecko, so I'm not crazy. I felt sorry for the guy. He was just sitting in the tub after I got...um, jumped...out. He was looking around like, "(in gecko accent) Where am I? How did I get into this nutshell?" Isn't he cute? Ok, I've gotten pretty good at kicking bugs' a$$es, but I couldn't do that to this little gecko. I got him, on his own accord, to walk into a glass. Then I put a piece of paper on the open end, and I took him outside. I let him out on the pebbles in the landscaping, in the shade, and the sprinklers were going. A gecko never had it so good.

And I'm proud of myself for only freaking out initially, and then being able to carry a glass full of gecko out the door, down the steps, and down the sidewalk a little way, without getting all jumpy.

-MsLin

No comments: