Saturday, September 1, 2007

I made it...

Yes, that's right. I'm in China. All the blogger buttons are in Chinese, so luckily I was familiar with their locations before moving. The apartment is very nice. There's even a person who comes to clean once a week. Isn't that shocking. When they told us that, we thought they were joking.

So far, I've eaten a wonderful lunch at a nice campus restaurant. We brought leftovers home, so I was also able to have dinner from that meal. I bought some plain yogurt yesterday, which I had for lunch, along with a Nutrigrain bar that I had brought.

I can see that I will be getting a lot of exercise, since there are no elevators in the buildings. My own apartment is on the fourth floor. I'm so happy to be walking everywhere again, even if it's sometimes hot and uncomfortable to do so.

Furthermore, I had almost no jet lag. The plane to Hong Kong was from 1:50 am in the US, to 7:00am in China, and it was 13 hrs. So I slept on the plane, and when we arrived, it was morning, just as if I had slept a normal night, except that I had to sleep sitting up. Also, the airline food was pretty good.

More later,
MsLin
吴佩芙

No comments: