Friday, September 21, 2007

Crazy Day

Today we walked up to the Taoist temple. My colleague hadn't been there yet, so we both had our exercise clothes and comfortable shoes, and we went up. It's always very fresh when you get to the top. The way there is not so fresh, though.

We had a meeting at noon. Just before the meeting I decided on my National Holiday plans, which will include some time in Xi'an. The meeting was so long, and the whole time I was considering how to get the tickets booked, and then how to find the office to pick up the tickets. Anyway, I had to run home, and when I got home, I realized that I was logged in at the office. I had to go to the office to log out. Then I went back home, and booked the tickets. Meanwhile, two of my distinguished colleagues were downtown waiting for me to call.

So I called them. We realized that I made a mistake in my booking, so they had to come with me to get the booking changed anyway (their Chinese is far superior). So since I was going downtown alone, I finally ran to the cell phone shop, and bought a cell phone. I asked two girls there to come with me and help in case I didn't understand the cell phone people. Then I was able to call them, and get real time directions when I wasn't sure where to get off on the bus. I couldn't get a taxi, so I took the bus, and they met me, and we took a petty cab to the office.

Anyway, the end result is I got my tickets to Zhengzhou and Xi'an. Then we took a cab back. And I had EL tonight, but it was good. The students were talking about lots of interesting topics.

-吴佩芙

No comments: