Saturday, May 3, 2008

Jiaozi Party

Some of us didn't go away for May Holiday. We found other things to do, like baoing jiaozi and grading at the Bread Diary. The best and most impressive was the jiaozi with carrot vegetarian filling. Although the first attempt at making jiaozi took 3 1/2 hours for my distinguished colleague, myself, and my Chinese tutor, they turned out awesome. The carrot filling took the longest, as we had to grate carrots, boil the grated carrots, squeeze all of the water we possibly could out of them, and then further chop them.



We learned three different shapes: triangle, round, and frilly. After shaping them, we boiled them, and, to everyone's surprise, none of them split open, and they were delicious.


Watch out, I'll be making jiaozi when I get home, but hopefully I will get much faster.

-吴佩芙

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....yum. The 饺子(Jiao Zi) looks so delicious. Could I have 2 dozens to go please? Maybe we can have a Jiao Zi party when you come back. Miss you.

Dan

Anonymous said...

Didn't we try to make those when we were there in February? What kind of filling did we use? I know we didn't go through the work you did with the carrots. Matka