Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Bucket

This week I have a special visitor, Bucket (as in: "Please-don't-kick-the-") or shui (bao) tong 水桶 in Chinese. He was found one month ago poking around a dumpster on a cold rainy day. He was tiny and skinny, and he wouldn't eat. He needed to be fed with a dropper every two hours, which meant that I would go visit and make sure he was ok, while my distinguished colleagues and neighbors were in class. Lately, he's been staying with Bi Fu Ayi (Aunt Beth) because my neighbors went away for the weekend, and now they have guests.

Bucket helps out around the house. Last night he was sitting on the floor and looking straight up at the curtains. A little tiny roach-type animal was resting there. I flicked it off and flailed around trying to kill it while it was flying, while Bucket still sat, staring calmly at the spot on the curtain where it had been.


If I'm lying on my back, he will knead his paws on my stomach and purr. He's very sweet.

-吴佩芙

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes good things come covered with fur. Chip would find bucket a good thing to play with, he may get his nose bitten though. Jared house set and dog sat while we flew to the sunny beaches of Maui. He used the lawnmower to leave us a special message, there's a story there. If you go to mauiweddingplanner.com you can find our "wedding pics" in the jjpreston gallery. Takes a little searching thou, don't give up. A nice time but there's no place like home.
MJinCR