Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cracking the Tea Code

One year ago, my aunt brought out her "tea wallet," which is a little travel accessory for tea bags. We discussed how we might duplicate the design. One year later, nobody has offered a prototype, until today. I searched the internet, and found a variety of designs for "tea wallets," some of which are for sale on Etsy. There are very few of these "tri-fold" designs, but I did find a tutorial for making one. Then I logically changed a few details to make the design a little easier and more intuitive for me.

Lacking proper cutting, measuring, and sewing tools, I created a prototype, which a better, faster seamstress, with more advanced tools, might be able to perfect (cough...Mom...cough). When the wallet is folded and fastened, the button looks entirely off-center, urgh.


But the most important thing is that it's functional. (Am I right, or am I right?) The pockets hold 6 tea bags, and there are 5 inner pockets for sweeteners, or other condiments. The 5 inner pockets exist between the two layers. There are actually six spaces, but I sewed the ribbon into one of the pockets.


-吴碧芙

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done!! Looks great!! So, when are you taking orders?? I am very proud of you!!! Matka

Anonymous said...

Very very nice. El oh vee eee the material. Where did you find it? How about a pretty glass bead as closure for the next one. Haven't read the blog in a while. Catching up tonight. Fun to see pics of all your new projects. Thanks.
MJinCR

Theconfettiqueen@aol.com said...

Grandma B would have been over the moon. You appear to have inherited her talent for picking an item up, being curious about it and then recreating it. Well Done!

Anonymous said...

Finally!
AMinNJ