Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Two Bags Fulled

My new Winter Break project was to try my hand a making a felted/fulled bag. I found a pattern for a small bag (Black Sheep: Sophie Bag), which took just one skein of Cascade 220. It was a minor financial commitment that I didn't mind taking a chance with.


The pattern started with knitting a rectangle bottom, with stitches picked up on all edges to be knitted in the round.


After being washed inside a zipper pillow protector, on the hot wash/cold rinse cycle, I stretched them around grocery bag-wrapped cardboard cutouts and various boxes of dried goods I found in the pantry. When they dried, they looked pretty cool. I added a loop (crocheted chain, felted, and sewn on) and buttons to keep them closed.


Before Finals Week, I pondered whether there was a felted bag pattern that could be made for a quick gift. I think this is definitely the one. It was pretty quick and cute. It didn't turn out as small as I expected it would.

-吴碧芙

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are sooo cute!! You make it look so easy!! Can't wait to see the other bags in your knitting future! Matka