Monday, October 6, 2008

All signs point to normal...

I go to McDonald's every other Monday morning (...for the past three weeks). Today I ordered the wrong thing: a McGriddle instead of a biscuit. I ended up getting a plain biscuit to replace the McGriddle portion. Who makes a breakfast sandwich out of two pancakes with some kind of syrup-like sugary substance baked into them? Not that a biscuit is any better, but at least it's not sugary.

Today in my Intro. class, we did audiometry, otoscopy, and tympanography on each other. I got a nice little tidy printout of my tympanogram.


Tympanography measures, through air pressure, the flexibility of the ear drum. The ear drum will not move as much if you have fluid in your middle ear or if you have other middle ear problems. I don't know how to read them, but basically, they shouldn't look flat. I think the point was to try it out and know what it feels like, not to really learn how to do it.

My hearing on the audiometer showed sensorineural hearing loss, but there were a number of factors that made the test invalid, like noise in the room and possible misplacement of bone conduction thingies.

Note on the Oct. 3rd vid: Kavi (on our right) is saying "Kavi" and doing the dog call whistle. He does a little of "The Iowa Fight Song" at the very end. Roscoe (on our left) is doing the wolf-whistle almost the whole time.

-吴碧芙

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay. Your hearing may be normal but this whole McDonalds for BREAKFAST thing. That makes me sad. Better food at home. Is it the people watching? Then I understand.
MJinCR

Anonymous said...

Wish you'd try that hearing test on your father! Matka