Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Kavi the Flirt

When Kavi is happy, he holds his wings a little away from his body, purrs, talks, and knocks his bead against things. Although this vid is not as interesting, Kavi is so cute. I never see Roscoe doing head bobs. He prefers hopping and screeching in Kavi's ears, but I think those are signs that he's feeling good.


My friend taught me how to knit on Saturday. I learned knit and pearl, pulled it out a few times, and finally decided to make a ribbed scarf. It's about 6 inches long by now. She taught me English knit, but I'll probably switch to Continental because of crochet interference. Knitting is magic to me because I don't yet completely understand how all of these motions end up making a piece that looks like this:


We had "drunken knitting" at a pizza place last night. The lack of Fat Tire discouraged me from actually drinking beer, but everyone was amazed that I'm such a quick study.

-吴碧芙

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That "drunken" knitting idea might put a new twist to my Tuesday night stitching group. Matka

Anonymous said...

A sea of blue waves, beautiful. I see no 'drunken sailor stitches'. Is there such a stitch? Who knows. 'Fat tire', is that some kind of beer? So many things I learn reading your blogs. You are an excellent knitter. See one, do one, teach one. Looking forward to a knitting lesson for the aunties. Welcome Fall, our blazing RED maple tree by the deck is picture perfect. Stay warm.
MJinCR