Sunday, March 29, 2009

Secret Cookies

I went to DBF for a personal lesson in cookie making. From the softness of the butter to the size of the cookie scoop, I tried to notice things that he did differently from me. Not much that seemed relevant was different. I observed every moment, and noted, in my mind, what he did. He didn't do the hokey pokey, burn incense, or pray to the cookie gods. Yet, the result was way better than mine. Compare:


So, I may have to face the music on this one: cookies are not something that I can make really well. Yes, I made a new batch when I got home tonight. I even mixed it by hand, but it doesn't look like his dough, so I'm already sure it won't be as good.

Today, after much suspense, I successfully sniped a kitchen witch on Ebay. As the time ticked down to 30 sec, I placed my bid and won. It is ugly like my mom's, and it has a green dress. I'm hoping that this will solve my cookie problems.

We also gave DBF a Chinese name: 文大牛, which means Big Cow (Da Niu) Wen. :)

-MsLin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DBF's cookie looks especially delicious!! We should have a cookie cook-off with everyone bringing their best dough! Matka

Anonymous said...

I want to see a picture of the kitchen witch!! Matka