Monday, March 16, 2009

Whirling around DC

Last week was Spring Break, and I spent it in DC visiting my old roommate. I was only there for 5 days, but I saw a lot. Of course, I could definitely go back and see all new things. We took a walk around the memorials and the capitol. I had a tour of the capitol and heard the lecture at the Supreme Court. I saw the Constitution at the National Archives.

The weather was beautiful and warm. A couple of days I didn't even need a coat. Here I am walking to the Jefferson Memorial.


The FDR Memorial is pretty interesting, divided into sections that represent his four terms in office, with plenty of photo opportunities. I did the obligatory pose while petting Fala. (click pic for larger image)


I was definitely the Country Mouse. I didn't even wear my own shoes or carry my own handbag around the city. We made sushi one night, made Thai noodles another, went out for fresh guacamole made table-side, went out for Greek tapas, and drank wine with bread and cheese (lemon Stilton was the ultimate) every night before dinner.

-MsLin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely. Great pic of the memorial reflected in the pool of water. Next time you will have to visit a little later, catch the cherry blossoms. Did you see the President while you were whirling around?
MJinCR

Anonymous said...

Some day I'll get to go around DC. I won't be whirling, though. Post more pictures, please. Matka